On the Edge of a Mountain Preserve.Secluded, Serene Sanctuary. The architecture celebrates the special qualities of the property. Primary bedroom, family, kitchen, dining, living, office, relate to each other in a linear sequence on a single level that integrates with the natural landscape, following the contours of the desert. The plan orientation allows natural light to flow from both sides to all the main spaces under the metal butterfly roof that lifts to reveal the mountain preserve peaks as well as the distant city lights on the north horizon, Comfortable guest rooms embrace a large but private front courtyard,, A spacious three-car garage, with direct access to the kitchen through storage discreetly positioned away from the entry experience & guests arrival & parking.The broad twelve-foot overhang of the butterfly roof provides patio opportunities while shielding the interior from summer sun and letting winter sun in to warm the interior masonry, concrete, and quartzite. On the north, the roof protects the energy-efficient glass corridor looking over the front patio toward a horizon of distant city lights. The butterfly shape harvests rain water through long scuppers into concrete cisterns that are fountains during rain and holding ponds for the natural blooming landscape.
- The unique floor plan works for entertaining yet comforts day-today living and privacy.
- Quiet primary bedroom with large bath and two closets.
- Large kitchen with high-end newer appliances, custom Maple cabinetry, & granite counters opens to family gathering and access to dining room and patios.
- Special garden room/bedroom #2 at east end.
- Carefully detailed wood ceilings.
- Colored concrete flooring with quartzite insets between the structural columns.
- Separate guest rooms, connected by a shaded gallery, can be used as two comfortable guest suites with kitchenette and private access.
- Exterior colors of crafted masonry blend with the setting and extend throughout the interior, expressed in the fireplaces and structural columns that articulate the living spaces.
-Zoned, high efficiency air conditioning.
-New West Anderson windows.